Thursday, September 15, 2016

Ginger Muffins

Nothing says fall like ginger muffins. I stumbled upon this recipe last year from this cute blog called Back to the Cutting Board and knew it would be going in my recipe notebook after the first time I made it. It was a huge hit with my family!

I make mini muffins so they are perfect for my little ones and great for taking as a snack or on the go for a quick breakfast. But I have made regular sized muffins with this recipe too and they turned out just as good. Look how yummy...

 
Here's whatcha need:

1 cup dark brown sugar
2 1/2 cups flour (I've used gluten free flour before too)
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt*
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 egg
1/2 cup molasses
1 cup buttermilk*
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled*

*A few notes:
Don't worry if you don't have unsalted butter. I usually don't either. Just use salted butter and omit the 1/2 tsp salt. And you can make your own buttermilk by adding 1 Tbsp lemon juice or vinegar to 1 cup of milk. Let it sit for about 10 minutes and voila-buttermilk!!

Here's whatcha do:

Combine sugar, flour, baking soda, salt (if needed), and spices in medium mixing bowl.

Mix eggs, molasses, buttermilk, and cooled melted butter in separate mixing bowl. (The butter might solidify some when mixed with the cold buttermilk. Don't worry. It turns out ok.)

Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until blended.

Spoon your muffin mixture into a gallon ziplock bag. Cut a small hole on the bottom corner and you are ready to squeeze your muffin mix into those tiny mini muffin tins!

Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray and fill about 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Makes about 48 mini muffins.

Stuff yo' face!

Your house is gonna be smelling like Fall in no time when you bake these muffins!! Ya know what else will make you feel like Fall even though it's still 100 degrees outside? These cute Fall items from my favorite online boutique Jane.com!

Like these throw pillow covers. I love the one that says Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart! Click HERE to see their other cute styles.
Must Have Fall Pillow Covers


Eeks! And this bomber jacket! Mama needs a new jacket and this one is calling my name!!
Quilted Bomber Jackets | S-3XL

Happy Fall Y'all!!! And be sure to check out all my other favorite recipes by clicking the Good Eats tab at the top. Everything related to Fall is under the Fall Y'all tab. And as always, if you love it please share it!! :)

XOXO,
Michelle

I made a few adjustments to the recipe for what worked in my kitchen. Click here to see the original recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment