Thursday, May 4, 2017

Easy Peasy Pico

You know how your tastebuds change as you get older? Well, pico de gallo is something I never, ever, ever thought I would like. A few years ago, Brad and I did the Whole 30 challenge. Twice. (Yeah, we might be a little cray cray.) But one thing that challenge helped me discover was that I like pico de gallo. Not just tolerate it. But really, really like it. Like I eat it with a spoon straight out of the bowl. (I'm not really helping my cray cray case am I?)

So trust me when I tell you that you will love this recipe for Easy Peasy Pico. 

Here's whatcha need:
Grape tomatoes, diced
Purple onion, diced
JalapeƱo diced
Cilantro, chopped
Lime



Here's whatcha do:
Combine 1st four ingredients together.
 Add the juice of 1 lime. Stir.
Season with a dash of salt and pepper if desired.
Stuff yo' face. Easy. Peasy
 
 

 
 



Some of my favorite ways to eat Pico:
With a spoon (duh)
Tacos (all kinds: Beef tacos, fish tacos. breakfast tacos.)
Fajitas
Quiche or egg muffins
Tortilla chips 
Enchiladas
Hamburgers
Hot Dogs
Chili

Ok...I'm stopping now. All these ideas are making me hungry. Time to go make some pico!!

XOXO,
Pico-Loving Michelle

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I never thought of eating pico on hot dogs but that sounds amazing! I love your little bucket with the chalkboard label!

    ReplyDelete