Friday, September 9, 2016

Confidence Killer

I consider myself to be a confident person. I understand that there will always be someone who is smarter, more successful, prettier, richer, liked more by others, more talented, etc. So I accept who I am and try not to compare myself. But in all honesty, I have struggled this week.

There can be 100 ways I am being built up and then sometimes I let one remark, situation, or circumstance tear me down. Ugh. Why do I do that? I don't let it happen very often, but this week has been challenging for me.

And then I realized why. My focus has been on me. What I can do. What I can be. What I can accomplish. I, I, I, me, me, me. That is my confidence killer.

I am not my own. I belong to the Father. I am His. And when I lose focus on those things, that is when I struggle with my confidence.

Lord,
I am humbled by the way you call me back to you. I confess that my focus has been in the wrong place. Help me look to you for my strength and confidence. Help me love who I am because it's who you've created me to be. And you don't make mistakes. Help me stay motivated and work hard for your glory and not my own. Help me be an example of this for my children. And thank you for sending me unexpected encouragement today. I hear you. I feel you. I am listening.
In Christ's Powerful Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment