Sunday, August 7, 2016

She Said Yes

On May 22, 2016 at 2:45 pm our Channing Elizabeth said yes to Jesus. And I got to be there when it happened.

I love telling the story of how the Lord was so clearly tugging at the heartstrings of our little one for several months before her big decision. But I think it's even more special that she wants to tell you the story herself.

Hi! I'm Channing! And this is my story. Since I've been alive for a long time I've seen lots of people get baptized in my 7 years. I kept thinking about baptism and wondered what it all meant. I started asking lots of questions. I thought about it a lot and I felt like God was calling out to me. One Sunday after church I wanted to talk to my mom alone in my room on my bed. So I did. I asked my mom how do I get baptized? And she told me about becoming a Christian. She read verses from Romans. Some of the verses told me that I had to pray a special kind of prayer. In that special prayer I told God that I am a sinner and I know that Jesus died for my sins on the cross and He was resurrected. And I asked him to forgive my sins, come into my heart, and be the Lord of my life. Afterwards I suddenly felt very, very happy and at peace. We wrote the date and time I became a Christian in my mom's bible so we would always remember that special moment. 

Here is a picture of me on the day I became a Christian:


This weekend my mom and dad let me pick out a new big kid bible at Mardel's. We looked at many different bibles, but the one I chose is the best for me. I am very excited. It is my most favorite book and the most important book in the world. I love God. I know God loves me too. Now that I have my own bible I am going to write the date and time I became a Christian in my own bible to keep forever.

Today I was baptized. Here is my family this morning at church:



And here is a video of me getting baptized today by my dad. :)



Here are a few more pictures from this special day:









I want to tell you one last thing: When you become a Christian it doesn't mean that you don't sin. Everybody sins...even when you're a Christian. But when you're a Christian you are forgiven and made new.

Channing, age 7


Thank you family, Sunday school teachers, friends, youth group kiddos, and all the countless others who have been part of leading Channing towards this important decision. You are our village and we couldn't be more grateful.

Thank you sweet Channing for sharing your testimony. I pray the Lord continues to make you brave in Him. Thank you for encouraging me in ways you don't even realize...like when you read the entire books of Ruth, Esther, and Job this weekend in your new big kid bible. You are going to keep me on my toes and challenge me to be in God's Word more. And this makes me smile. We love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment