Thursday, January 1, 2015

Meaningful Resolutions

Yeah, yeah. I know. Resolutions. Most of the time they are just empty words or thoughts that people never follow through on...or break after 2 months. Do we all need to choose to take better care of ourselves? Yes. Or stop an annoying habit? Sure. But do we really look at the year ahead of us and think about how we can better ourselves or our families? Probably not as intentionally as we should. 

I love the idea of 'starting fresh' with the new year. And since I am a goal oriented type of person, this resolution thing is right up my alley.

In 2014 my New Year's resolution was to say 'yes' to my family and 'no' to busyness. This was such an important resolution to me and it benefited my family so much. As I reflect on 2014, I feel like I stayed true to this goal about 90% of the time. And can I just say, that we are genuinely a happier, calmer family unit (most of the time!). So I plan to continue this healthy habit in the upcoming year. 

As I think about 2015, I've made another intentional goal. My resolution in 2015 is to make it count. This will most likely be my last full calendar year to be a stay at home mama. I want to make the most of these chaotic exhausting wonderful days. 

I wanted to be a stay at home mom since before Brad and I were even married. I would cry because I was so passionate about it and I honestly never thought I would be able to have this desire of my heart. It has been a leap of faith, but God's hand has been all over this time in our lives. For those of you who know our story (from career changes, to change in schools, and infertility struggles) you can testify to the power of God's timing and His plans. And if you don't know our story, let's go grab some coffee and I will brag about my Savior's faithfulness and goodness despite my faithlessness and evilness. 

So in 2015, I am going to make it count. I am going to embrace the messiness and chaos. I am going to savor the spontaneity and creativity. I am going to smile through the tantrums and complaints about dinner (smile is probably the wrong word...I should say 'refrain from yelling'). I am going to worry less about my to-do list and more about the little moments that I will never get back. I am going to make it count. Will you?
Happy New Year!!



No comments:

Post a Comment