Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Happy Halloween

Alice and Bowser. These were the Halloween choices this year. Alice in Wonderland: easy. Bowser: now that took some thinking. It's a good thing that I enjoy making the children's costumes because there were no Bowser costumes to be found except on Etsy for $40 and that was just not happening.

I've shared before how my mom always made our costumes when my sister and I were little. I think I enjoy doing that for my own children because it's one thing that reminds me so much of my childhood and the simpler days when you just didn't have all the choices and convenience we do now. Call me old fashioned, but I like that. 

Now, truth be told, making Halloween costumes takes more time. And yes, they can be more expensive. But I've learned some tricks over the years: velcro, E6000 craft glue, felt, and the cheapest fabric I can find. I spent around $20 total for both costumes (or less some years). Oh and I always start early because it always seems to take about twice as long to make than I plan. But it is oh so worth it (if that's your sorta thing). Take a look for yourself. :)





I had to tell Chaz to stop being so scary like Bowser. So then he did this. I adore this kid.


 
And here is my little Alice in Wonderland. She has been wanting to be Alice since last Halloween. She totally got into it and I think she nailed it!!









And because you're never too old to dress up...here we are on Halloween night. Brad totally lucked out and got to be Luigi for the 2nd year in a row. And I was the Queen of Hearts. Naturally. 


Hope you all had a safe and fun Halloween! 
XOXO,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment