Sunday, December 27, 2015

The Day I Didn't Want to Go to Church

I did not want to go to church this morning. It was rainy and cold. There was a storm brewing outside my house as well as inside as the battle over clothing choices had already begun. 
I told Brad that the day we don't want to go to church is exactly the day that we need to be there the most. And today that was so true.
The Lord had a word for me today that Satan did not want me to hear. But Satan was defeated the moment Brad helped me rally the troops and make that rainy drive to our country church. 

I listened intently to the word of God being taught in our cozy barn-turned-church while the lightning and thunder raged on outside. I listened so intently that I realized about half way through that I should've been taking notes. But I was so enthralled by the teaching that I just listened, willing the scripture to stick in my brain and be etched on my heart. I knew the message was for me. 

The message touched on scripture that I had questioned to understand or issues that I have struggled with all in the past year. That was not a coincidence, lovelies. And here's the coolest part: the very last passage of scripture that was shared has been my all time favorite life verse. It is found in Galatians. So it is with that scripture that I shall leave you. 

“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
Galatians 6:9 NIV



1 comment:

  1. I love it! I can see all of that playing out for you that morning, and I see it also in my own life. Love you, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete