Friday, April 22, 2016

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

It has been an exciting week in our house! Something that my little one has been waiting years to do with me. Hair donation.


About 10 years ago I taught alongside a friend who grew her hair out for the purpose of donating it. I had honestly never heard of such a thing until she did it. It really inspired me and I knew that it was something I wanted to do one day. 

I made my first hair donation about 2 years ago and Channing has talked nonstop about it since then. So this time around she joined me, and it made it that much sweeter. 

There are many organizations that accept hair donations, but after doing some research I found 2 great choices because they both provide free wigs to women and children in need. Pantene Beautiful Lengths provides free wigs to women fighting cancer. Hair donations need to be a minimum of 8 inches. Click here for complete details on donation requirements and instructions. 

Wigs for Kids is another group that specifically collects hair donations for children's wigs. We were really interested in donating to Wigs for Kids but our hair wasn't quite long enough (hair must be a minimum of 12 inches). I think this will be our goal for next time around. :) Click here to read about donation details for Wigs for Kids.

I love that I was able to do this with Channing...and that it was her idea to do it together. Maybe our hair will stay together through it all and be used in the same wig. That thought makes my mama heart happy.

Now who's ready for a few pictures??? ;)

Here we are earlier this week with our long hair:




And here we are now.







I love, love, love this girl!! She could NOT stop smiling before, during, and after her haircut. I hope she always feels that way about giving...whether it's her hair or something else.



6 comments:

  1. Y'all rock!!! Love this so much. Biggest hearts and the sweetest smiles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Beautiful new looks and beautiful hearts! Love you girls!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thing to do. Your short hair is darling.

    ReplyDelete