Sunday, August 21, 2016

Final Kindergarten Prayer

Tomorrow my "last" is going to Kindergarten.

I was a complete mess when my "first" went to Kindergarten just 2 short years ago. Now it is Chazzy's turn and I'm feeling pretty confident. I have done this before. I am an experienced kindergarten mama. I've got this under control. Until yesterday. We were in the car on the way to buy duct tape for his weekend book box project and I burst into tears. The duct tape made it real. Now I'm a blubbering, teary-eyed mama who is praying my final kindergarten prayer.

This is the final time I will walk that kinder hallway holding onto my little one's hand. The final time I will linger in that kindergarten classroom wanting just one more picture...by his nametag, his desk, his backpack hook.  The final time I will go to Tears and Cheers in the library with all the other kinder mamas and daddies and pretend to be ok with all this growing up business.The final time I will leave him looking so little because then I will blink and he'll be big. This is a big final. And it calls for a big prayer for my Chaz.

So, my prayer for you, sweet boy, is this:

Father God,
Thank you for giving me 5 joyous years at home with my precious boy. Thank you for making him silly, full of compliments, and a little mischievous too. Thank you for using him to teach me to play, be spontaneous, and always be prepared with gum so he doesn't eat us out of house and home. Thank you for making him an important part of our family.
As he journeys into this next stage of big kid-dom, help him stay true to who you've created him to be. Help him continue to be a mighty prayer warrior...even at his assigned lunch table. Help him make a friend who will stand by his side when no one else will (and vice versa). Help him pay attention. Help him pay attention. Help him pay attention. Help him be able to get out of bed in the morning. Help him be ok with wearing "button shirts" instead of his Star Wars pajamas. Help his teacher love him as much as we do even when he's a hot mess. Help him not be compared to his older sister (even though we think she is pretty awesome). And help him find his own place and sense of belonging at school.
Lord, protect him on the playground. In the carline. During storytime and PE and firedrills. Protect his tender heart from things he shouldn't hear or see. Make him brave to stand up for your truths. And make me brave when I miss him. Thank you for his wonderful little life. We want to honor you with it.
In Christ's Holy Name,
Amen
 
 
If you are new to the Kindergarten thing. Don't worry. It will get easier. I promise. :) Soon we'll all start feeling like this:
 
 
To read Channing's Kindergarten Prayer click HERE.
 
Also, check out my simple snack schedule by clicking HERE.

And to read all things Kindergarten, click on the "School Days" tab in the header bar.

And as always, if you love this post, thank you for sharing it. :)

Happy First Day of School, lovebugs!!
Michelle




No comments:

Post a Comment