Thursday, August 18, 2016

Refrigerator Raider

Welcome back to Simple in '16!

It's the final days of summer before school starts. It's also payday week. So that means this has been the "eat-whatever-is-in-the-fridge-because-you-people-eat-all-the-time-and-I-can't-go-to-the-store-anymore" week. I love my people. But stop eating ALL THE TIME. You just ate 15 minutes ago. You will be ok.

Here is the sad state of our fridge:

Surely we can make it on hazelnut creamer, sausage, carrots, a half stick of butter, plum wine, and condiments, right? ;) On the up side: Now is a great time to clean out the fridge....when it's empty!!

I clean out my fridge just like I clean out my pantry...with these 3 easy steps.

1. Clear off one shelf/drawer at a time.
2. Wipe shelf or drawer.
3. Return all food that hasn't expired.

Easy Peasy!

Another thing I do to keep from our refrigerator from growing it's own new type of food is throw away any uneaten leftovers on trash day. We do pretty good eating up our leftovers but there is that rare occasion when the mystery chicken has been left in there a little too long. Goodbye mystery chicken. Straight to the trash you go!

Come on, lovelies! The school countdown is on and we are out of bread, milk, AND eggs, so it's officially time for me to go to the store. Time to stock up on lunch stuff and snack goodies. School's almost back in session! :)

And speaking of school...be sure to check back for my Final Kindergarten Prayer. #cuethetears




No comments:

Post a Comment