Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Presidential Prayer

I lied when I posted this photo on social media 2 weeks ago.


But it wasn't an intentional lie.

This story is too sweet to keep to myself.

To be honest, I don't follow politics regularly. I usually know enough to make an informed decision and that's about it. And I am never interested in battling out my personal opinions about it. The presidential election has been a minimal topic of conversation in our household; nothing more than a casual mention or a brief explanation. But little ears are listening. And watching. And questioning.

And last night at the dinner table, my 7 year old unexpectedly prayed for you, Mr. President.

She prayed that whoever is elected would be a believer in our Lord. And that He would help you be the best leader for our country. In 2 sentences she prayed the most important prayer for you, Mr. President. And my husband and I stared at her in awe with tears in our eyes.

Then she said she was anxious and excited about the election. And I finally had to tear her away from watching live news coverage and frantically scribbling notes about the latest polling results in her little notebook because it was past her bedtime.


She could not wait to wake up this morning and find out the results.

You have a difficult task at hand, Mr. President. One that I do not envy.

Whether we agree with the results or not, we are praying for you. And we remember that no matter who is president, Jesus is King.

No comments:

Post a Comment