Monday, September 18, 2017

The Noise

Today my heart was bruised. I really want to say crushed-but I'm working on being less dramatic-so I'll say that my heart was bruised. It doesn't really matter why. And tomorrow morning, when I wake up, maybe I'll believe that to be true. 

But in the meantime, I turned my emotional energy into something productive. And I went on a 3 mile run. True confession: I hate running. 

During the course of my run, the noises of the world smothered me.  

Noise in my own head. 

Noise from the cars passing me by with blaring radios. 

Noise of barking dogs. 2nd true confession: I also hate dogs. (Now you're really wondering what kind of crazy person I am over here.) 

Noise of lies the world tries to convince me are true. 

So many noisy distractions.

It's hard sometimes to ignore the noises of the world. It's easier to blend in with the noises...for them to swallow you up and make you disappear.

It's noisy today. It might be noisy tomorrow. And this won't be the last time that it will be noisy. But my prayer is that I will hear the still, small voice of God above the noises of this world and that I will listen to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment