Wednesday, February 4, 2015

100 Days of Kinder

Today is a milestone in our home. We have made it to the 100th day of Kindergarten! And yes, I said "we" because let's face it, that accomplishment has been a family affair. :)

Channing's entire school celebrates the 100th day of school, but they reserve a special way to celebrate just for those sweet little kindergartners. They get to dress up like they are 100 years old. I love this tradition. I mean, what is cuter than a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds dressed up like little old ladies and gents? Nothing. That's what. 

See for yourself:




Every little old lady needs a puppy!
Last one! 
I. Can't. Even.


Today as we celebrate the 100th day of school I am thinking back to the very first day...and first weekWhew. It was so emotionally and physically exhausting. (More so for me than anyone else in the fam!) But today as I dropped off my '100 year old' at school, we were laughing. And in that 5 minute drive I realized how much she has grown and changed in these 100 days. 

She is more confident. She is more independent. She is adorably clever. She uses impressive phrases like "that's a connection" and "media literacy." She is constantly talking about her precious teacher and her wonderful friends and all the fun things they do at school. School is her home away from home. And I am so incredibly grateful to send my girl to a place she loves for 40 hours a week. And she truly LOVES it!

Today we celebrate 100 Happy Days of Kindergarten...and happy days they have been! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment