Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Fitness Party of 4

Honest confession: I don't like working out. I like the results of working out, but if I could get the same results by taking a nap I would do that instead. 

Getting fitness hasn't been a priority in our home on a regular basis this past year. We appear somewhat fit because we are naturally petite people (yes I realize how lucky we are!) and we are active because we have 2 little ones who keep us busy. But being fit is not about how we look. It's about having a healthy heart and body. 

I can list off about a dozen excuses as to why it hasn't been a priority for us, but I won't bore you with my whining. However, I will say lack of accountability has probably been my #1 reason for laziness. And my #2 reason is that I have been very protective of my family time now that we are pulled in different directions with work, school, church, and extra-curricular activities (which we try to keep to a minimum). So working out has been pushed to the bottom of the list. 

Yesterday I decided to make a change. We are members at a small, local gym that is close to our house and super affordable...like less then $20/month for Brad and I together. They also have drop in childcare that is affordable as well. In the past, we felt uncomfortable using the childcare at the gym, but now that the children are older and in school (and able to look out for one another) we thought we'd give it a try. 

So off we went. The four of us. Brad and I did an Insanity class together (that class is no joke!) and the children went to the childcare room where they played on the indoor playground and watched movies. Not too shabby for our fitness party of 4. And the best part is that we were doing it together

I think we're going to try to make this a weekly outing. And I'm blogging about it so you all can bug me keep me accountable. 

Today I can barely walk or lift my arms and I know it will just be worse tomorrow. I could very well quit now and just eat a bag of Doritos instead. But I won't. In fact, I'm going to invite clean eating to the party next week. That's when the real fun will begin. Stay tuned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment