Thursday, June 23, 2016

Pretty Pantry

Guess what time it is? It's pretty pantry time!! My favorite Simple in '16 project is finally here!!! Check out these 4 Simple Mama tips to organizing your pantry. Get excited, lovelies!! Get excited! 


1. Do one shelf at a time.
Yeah, I've made this mistake before. I empty out my entire pantry and I have stuff all over my kitchen and before I know it someone wants to eat. Geez people. Can't you see that I'm organizing all the food? 
Really though. It is so overwhelming to think about the entire pantry. But I promise you will NOT want to quit what you've started if you do one shelf at a time. And once you see the fruits of your labor after doing one shelf, it will keep you motivated to keep going.

2. Clear out. Throw away. Clean. Put back. Repeat. 
These are the pantry organizing basics:
Clear everything off one shelf (see tip #1). 
Throw away any expired food items (or donate unwanted food to your local food pantry). 
Clean your shelf by wiping it down (I love magic erasers for this). 
Put it all back in a way that makes sense to you. 
Repeat with remaining shelves. 

Your pantry is loving you right now.

Wanna hear how to keep your pantry happy? Keep reading. 

3. Keep it clutter-free. 
I know the canned green beans are on sale and it's the only vegetable your little one will eat. But you already have 4 cans in your pantry. Do not buy more. I repeat. Do not buy more. There will always be another sale and you really don't need more green beans. A pretty pantry likes to be clutter free. 

4. Simple is pretty. 
I have been pining over some pretty pantries on Pinterest (check out my Pretty Pantry board by clicking HERE). They are beautiful. All the containers match. And they have labels. I could just stare at them allllll day. But guess what? My pantry does not have a bunch of matching containers. And I have zero labels. I used what I already had to organize our pantry in order to stay in our budget. So even though it probably wouldn't cost very much to make it extra pretty I know that I could get carried away. So I choose to keep it simple. And that's ok too. A pretty pantry is an organized, clean pantry...with or without matching containers and labels. 

If you have a pretty pantry that you wanna share with us, post a pic in the comment section. I have a feeling there's several of us who wanna stare at your pretty pantry all day too!! ;)

To see our other Simple in '16 projects click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment