Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The Final Project: Simple Christmas

Wow. It has been an amazing year of organizing and simplifying. I have enjoyed working through the Simple in '16 projects with you and appreciate all the accountability and great ideas that you've shared with me. You are the wind beneath my wings (or something a little less corny). But you really are. So thank you!!

Are you ready to tackle our very last project for this year? Drum roll please.....

The very last Simple in '16 project this year is....nothing.

That's right. Nothing. I want you to do nothing. In December, we rest.



The only thing I want you to do is say NO to busyness and YES to rest. It's ok if you don't make it to every holiday party that you are invited to. It's ok to stay home and have living room picnics with pizza and your favorite Christmas movie. It's ok to do nothing except be with your sweet little family. It's ok to do nothing.

The best way I know how to have a simple Christmas is to enjoy it...not just get through it. Merry Christmas, Sugar Plums!

XOXO,
Michelle

To read about other ways I simplify our Christmas, check out these posts below. :)

Organized Holiday

Christmas Gifts That Aren't Toys

Simple Holiday

My Favorite Christmas Decor



9 comments:

  1. Love this just rest. Yes I will enjoy the Christmas season and not just get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to rest too! And I am so looking forward to it! I hope you have a great holiday with your family!

    Belle | One Awesome Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I have been in the same boat with saying no to "busyness"!! Have you heard of the book Rhythms of Rest by Shelly Miller? It is such a great book about resting and what the Sabbath really means. It's one of those books that has literally changed me. Anyways, thanks for sharing and keep up the rest mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gloryanna, I haven't heard of that book but it sounds like one that I need to add to my list! Thanks for the recommendation. :) Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  4. YAY!! Nothing is my favorite thing to do! Not that I get much of it, so I really like this tip. And I think if I do some prepping, I may actually get to do this! Great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I couldn't agree more! We are thinking alike this month. I actually just wrote a post today on the same idea. I hope you enjoy your restful month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your blog Terryn! I loved it! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Simple is what it's all about! After traveling before and for Thanksgiving, I'm looking forward to a restful December. Merry Christams!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rest is not something that I think of whenever I think of December, but it sure does sound nice! I still have several projects to finish up before the end of the year but I think I'll schedule some time for rest.

    ReplyDelete